The Playwrights Center of San Francisco
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome to the Playwrights' Center of San Francisco submissions site. We use this site for both PLAY submissions and general AUDITION management.
We make the submission periods open to submitters:
- Plays - 15-21 days before the deadline,
- Auditions - as soon as we announce the auditions.
There are at least two play submission opportunities each year in the Spring and Fall for our reading series of Developmental and Staged Readings. Deadlines are as follows*:
- Spring Season: 11:59 p.m. Dec 8th - Submissions open 11/15
- Fall Season: 11:59 p.m. April 30 - Submissions open 4/15
*We reserve the right to extend or change the deadlines as deemed necessary and at any time.
General Play Guidelines
- Only PCSF members are eligible for a slot in our reading series. Plays will not be read if membership is not current at the time of submission. Join PCSF here! Or contact email@example.com to confirm your membership status.
- Please read our Writers’ Guide to Staged Readings and Writers’ Guide to Developmental Readings to review playwright responsibilities. Make sure you understand the playwright responsibilities before submitting.
- No musicals. If the play contains incidental song(s) or music, the playwright must own the rights or have express written permission to the rights or the song(s) must be in the public domain. This policy does not allow for "fair use."
- You may resubmit a play that was previously not accepted or which has had a read-through, developmental reading or staged rehearsal. If you do, be sure to fill out the question about what you've changed.
To see the full guidelines and to submit, see specific submission forms below.
For password and technical issues, please contact Submittable technical support.
For other issues or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org [do not send submissions to this email address!]
*****THE SUBMISSION FORM WON'T WORK UNTIL THE SUBMISSION PERIOD HAS BEEN OPENED********
Last updated 011/9/2019