Welcome to the Playwrights' Center of San Francisco submissions site. We use this site for both PLAY submissions and general AUDITION management.
We make the submission periods open to submitters:
- Plays - 15 days before the deadline,
- Auditions - as soon as we announce the auditions.
There are at least two play submission opportunities each
year in the Spring and Fall for our reading series of Developmental and Staged Readings. The standard deadlines are as follows*:
- Spring Season: 11:59 p.m. Nov. 30 - Submissions open 11/15
- Fall Season: 11:59 p.m. April 30 - Submissions open 4/15
*We reserve the right to extend or change the deadlines as deemed necessary and at any time.
General Play Guidelines
- Only PCSF members are eligible for a slot in our reading series. Plays will not be read if membership is not current at the time of submission. Join PCSF here! Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status.
- Please read our Writers’ Guide to Staged Readings and Writers’ Guide to Developmental Readings to review playwright responsibilities. Make sure you understand the playwright responsibilities before submitting.
- No musicals. If the play contains incidental song(s) or music, the playwright must own the rights or have express written permission to the rights or the song(s) must be in the public domain. This policy does not allow for "fair use."
- You may resubmit a play that was previously not accepted or which has had a read-through, developmental reading or staged rehearsal. If you do, be sure to fill out the question about what you've changed. [See Sheherezade Guidelines for those resubmission rules.]
To see the full guidelines and to submit, see specific submission forms below.
For password and technical issues, please contact Submittable technical support.
For other issues or questions, please contact email@example.com [do not send submissions to this email address!]
*****THE SUBMISSION FORM WON'T WORK UNTIL THE SUBMISSION PERIOD HAS BEEN OPENED********
Last updated 07/12/2015
On AUGUST 26th, The Playwrights Center of San Francisco will be holding auditions for our Sept/Oct Monday night reading series, and also our November PLAYOFFS production. All readings and perfromances will be at the Shelton Theatre.
THE PCSF FALL READING SERIES will be six developmental and staged readings of new full-length plays. These readings occur on successive Monday evenings from Sept 17 through Oct 22. (You do not need to be available for ALL dates -- you will be considered for casting in only those for which you are available.)
PLAYOFFS: AUDIENCE FAVORITES SHOWCASE is our annual full-production of eight new 10-minute plays. It will run Nov 8 (preview), 9, 10 and 15, 16, 17 at 7:30 pm, with 2 pm matinees on Nov. 11 and 18. Rehearsals will be scheduled from mid-September through late October.
These general Auditions will be from 1pm-4pm on Sunday Aug 26th, but you need only be there for your time slot. (Appointments are still available from 2pm-3:45pm)
From these auditions, we will be casting our Fall staged readings, Fall developmental readings, and our November PLAYOFFS production. You will be considered for both the PCSF Reading Series and PlayOffs production, unless you express interest in only one or the other. You will not be considered for readings on dates for which you do not have availability.
Staged Readings, include 2-3 rehearsals with a director in the week prior to the Monday evening reading.
Developmental Readings, which are not rehearsed or directed; scripts provided a week in advance for pre-reading.
Playoffs, rehearsals in Sept and Oct, schedule TBD based on availabilities.
Stipends are provided to actors for readings and for PlayOffs performances.
§ Variety of roles Male and Female, all ages 18+, ethnicities, body types encouraged!!!
§ Non-AEA only
§ Prepare (2) contrasting 1 min contemporary monologues.
§ Sunday, August 26th, 2018, 1-4pm
§ Shelton Theatre 533 Sutter Street SF (downstairs)
WHAT TO DO!
Use the form here to submit your preferred appointment times, reading availability, and headshot via the PCSF Submittable site. (you may be required to create a submittable account, which is free).
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We anticipate the average audition to take less than 5 minutes. Once you have completed your monologues and the producer has released you, you can go about your evening with many thanks from all of us. For PlayOffs casting, there will be call backs on Monday Aug 27th, from 7-10pm.
WHO YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR:
The Reading Series producers who cast all readings. The directors of the staged readings. The producers and directors of the PLAYOFFS. Also, some of the playwrights and PCSF board members may be in attendance.
I've auditioned for PCSF recently, do I need to audition again? While the likelihood that the producer has seen you audition before, the playwrights and Directors may not have seen you before or seen you in context of casting for the specific roles. We do ask that you come inif possible .
What if I can't make it to the audition, but really want to be considered? There is a place on the form to indicate this. Your headshot and resume will be made available to the auditors so that they can consider you. Consideration is typically given to people who came in, but if there was no one who meets the casting needs, the Producer or Director(s) will definitely turn to the archive of actors who want to be considered.
FOR MORE INFO:
Explore PCSF at www.playwrightscentersf.org
<http://www.playwrightscentersf.org/> and on Facebook
follow on Twitter @PlaywrightsSF