Welcome to the Playwrights' Center of San Francisco submissions site. We use this site for both PLAY submissions and general AUDITION management.
We make the submission periods open to submitters:
- Plays - 15 days before the deadline,
- Auditions - as soon as we announce the auditions.
There are at least two play submission opportunities each
year in the Spring and Fall for our reading series of Developmental and Staged Readings. The standard deadlines are as follows*:
- Spring Season: 11:59 p.m. Nov. 30 - Submissions open 11/15
- Fall Season: 11:59 p.m. April 30 - Submissions open 4/15
*We reserve the right to extend or change the deadlines as deemed necessary and at any time.
General Play Guidelines
- Only PCSF members are eligible for a slot in our reading series. Plays will not be read if membership is not current at the time of submission. Join PCSF here! Or contact email@example.com to confirm your membership status.
- Please read our Writers’ Guide to Staged Readings and Writers’ Guide to Developmental Readings to review playwright responsibilities. Make sure you understand the playwright responsibilities before submitting.
- No musicals. If the play contains incidental song(s) or music, the playwright must own the rights or have express written permission to the rights or the song(s) must be in the public domain. This policy does not allow for "fair use."
- You may resubmit a play that was previously not accepted or which has had a read-through, developmental reading or staged rehearsal. If you do, be sure to fill out the question about what you've changed. [See Sheherezade Guidelines for those resubmission rules.]
To see the full guidelines and to submit, see specific submission forms below.
For password and technical issues, please contact Submittable technical support.
For other issues or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org [do not send submissions to this email address!]
*****THE SUBMISSION FORM WON'T WORK UNTIL THE SUBMISSION PERIOD HAS BEEN OPENED********
Last updated 07/12/2015
The Playwrights’ Center of San Francisco is holding auditions for our annual production of short plays. We casting an ensemble of 6-7 actors for PLAYOFFS: AUDIENCE FAVORITES SHOWCASE, our full production of 9 short plays (Nov. 2-11, 2017 at Exit Stage Left).
We are looking for a diverse set of actors for both our full production and our readings. All ethnicities, genders, ages, and body types encouraged! We have a specific need for a transgender female actor (late 20s-40s) for our PLAYOFFS ensemble.
PLAYOFFS: AUDIENCE FAVORITES SHOWCASE will run Nov 2 (preview), 3, 4, and 9, 10, 11 at 8 pm, with 2 pm matinees on Nov. 4 and 11, at the Exit Stage Left theatre. Rehearsals will be scheduled from mid-September through late October.
We cast the ensemble before casting the individual roles in the selected plays. Each actor appears in a minimum of two plays (usually more) and will generally work with more than one director. We have a developmental table reading on August 26 and finalize individual roles after that reading.
Rehearsals are workday evenings and weekend days starting with a table reading rehearsal in September. The specific rehearsal schedule is nailed down after casting has been completed and will be finalized by August 31. The stipend is $175.
§ All ages 18+, ethnicities, genders, body types encouraged!!!
§ Non-AEA only
§ Prepare (2) contrasting 1 min contemporary monologues
§ Saturday August 19, 3-6pm
§ Details for the Call-backs, if needed, will be given after the auditions to individuals called back, but will be Sunday the 20th 2-5 pm. We will notify actors who are called back the evening of August 19th.
§ Shelton Studios @ 533 Sutter Street - Downstairs
WHAT TO DO:
Submit your preferred appointment times, rehearsal and reading availability, and headshot via the PCSF Submittable site. (you may be required to create a Submittable account, which is free).
If you run into problems you can email us at email@example.com
FOR MORE INFO:
Explore PCSF at www.playwrightscentersf.org and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Playwrights-Center-of-San-Francisco/15507604463follow on Twitter @PlaywrightsSF